Mediterranean Charter special ...
Charter special The Med and Beyond – 18 pages of charter destinations. On-the-spot reports from Italy, Turkey and Greece, plus Med guru Rod Heikell’s Top 12 hotspots. Plus: James Jermain investigates buying a charter yacht
A boat owner’s worst nightmare – Dick Durham describes his yacht’s 16-hour unmanned crossing of the Thames Estuary. And her seven near-misses!
- Blue Water Letter
Annie Hill’s Playtex party in Port Owen, South Africa
Peter Cumberlidge visits the popular North Brittany port of Tréguier
- New Gear
Winter warmers, wireless electronics, and a self-righting liferaft
- Which DSC set?
Simon Jinks puts seven VHF DSC radio sets to the test and picks the best value for money
- A romp to the west
James Jermain embarks on a spring shake-down cruise from the Solent to Torquay
- ARC 2000
Families across the Atlantic: Atlantic Rally for Cruisers, or Armada for Retired Capitalists? Paul Gelder reports from Las Palmas
- Homeward bound
Sixty-seven-year-old Clive Imber completes his solo Atlantic circuit, from Antigua to Falmouth, via the Azores
- Bavaria 40
James Jermain finds out if the price is right for Bavaria’s latest centre-cockpit cruiser
- Dragonfly 920 tri
Fast and furious fun on three hulls: James Jermain reports on Denmark’s sporty cruiser
- Sadler 29
Second-hand boat test goes aboard the Sadler 29 – the company’s first unsinkable yacht
- On watch
- Subscriptions/Next Month
- Readers’ letters
- Any questions?
- New Boats
- Blue Water Letter: Annie Hill in Port Owen, South Africa
- Libby Purves
- New Gear
- YM books: Armchair reading
- Around the coast: The latest news from our correspondents
- Waterside property
- The Confessional: Readers own up to their sailing sins
- Question of seamanship What would you to do if a bank of fog rolled in as you approached Alderney’s Braye Harbour?
- Learning Curve Hit by a ship! Reader David Langley recounts his close encounter in fog in the Solent with a ‘blue wall of steel’
- Yachtmaster Class ‘One line for each job,’ says Cunliffe
- Pilotage quiz – answer The winner of November’s quiz
- Better boat handling Part 3: The art of going astern
- Quick Tips Rope handling; slowing down downwind; earrings and necklaces
- Des Sleightholme Taking the anxiety out of anchoring