Free: Destinations pull out and keep charts, win a sailing weekend and enjoy our new look!
Where’s the best place to view the Eclipse? And it’s not Cornwall!
This classic Laurent Giles cruiser could be your perfect boat.
compass binoculars Which are best value? And which won the YM Award of Excellence?
Our exciting new pull-out chart series casts off with two favourite yachtsmen’s haunts – Lymington, the picturesque New Forest port. Taste the oysters and wine in snug St Vaast, just round the corner from Cherbourg
Space – the final frontier
YM’s Starter Boat 20000 competition winners
Point higher, sail faster
Headsail trim explained in Sailpower part four
On test: Dehler 29
How does this sporty cruiser perform?
Crossing the pond the easy way
Fitting out special
Electronic rig testing, Copperbot – the verdict, masthead checks, look after your engine. PLUS 24 vital safety checks
Days of wine and barbeques in the Greek Peloponnese
- On watch
- Readers’ letters
- Charter news: The ultimate charter yacht. PLUS, quack sailing team
- Waterside property
- Blue water letter
- New gear
- Tried and tested: Collision Avoidance Radar Detector, Charger for alkaline batteries
- Any questions? YM’s experts answer your questions; rewiring, using your calorifier at anchor, Navtex for Med weather
- Libby Purves switches on to TV’s new watery soap
- Sailing skills: Question of seamanship, Learning curve, Des Sleightholme on the skipper’s thankless task, Tom Cunliffe’s Yachtmaster class, Skippers’ tips, Making a weather chart, Crew class: your new step-by-step guide to crewing skills. PLUS, Win a sailing weekend with the British Offshore Sailing School.
- Around the coast: Latest news from around the British Isles
- Around Europe Second-hand focus: Miles Kendall sails the Westerly Conway, PLUS, second-hand snapshots, over 1,500 boats for sale.
- The Confessional: Readers own up to their sailing sins