Masterclasses for sail and power at October event
The RYA have announced that their annual autumn muster will take place in Cowes from 17 – 19 October.
The muster, which is open to motor boaters and sailors alike, will be an opportunity to pick up some new skills from one of the many practical master classes being held over the weekend with industry experts.
There’s also chance to experience first-hand how the other half take to the water in the muster’s ‘Try a boat’ sessions: Sailors will get a chance to experience life under power with Sealine Sea School and motorheads can try sailing with Hamble School of Yachting.
Held at Cowes Yacht Haven, Isle of Wight attendees can also get advice for specific own-boat related questions, vital safety information and tips on boating skills.
Some of the activities taking place over the weekend include:
· Man overboard demonstration from Ocean Safety
· Increase your knowledge of electronic navigation and DSC radio calling with Raymarine and ICOM
· Enjoy our interactive lecture on liferafts, lifejackets and abandoning ship from the RNLI and Ocean Safety
· Aladdin’s Cave Rig shop will be giving demonstrations and advice on whipping and splicing
· Get tips on how to make your boating more environmentally friendly from The Green Blue
· Lifejacket and liferaft equipment checks
· Top tips to get you home if your engine fails from Sea Start
The muster is a great social occasion too. There is a drinks reception on the Friday evening down at the Yacht Haven, as well as a dinner, disco and prize giving reception, sponsored by Alpine Electronics at the Royal Corrinthian Yacht Club on Saturday evening.
There’s plenty for the kids to do too, with a special Keel boat session for 8-16 year olds organised by UKSA and you don’t even have to come on a boat to take advantage of what the muster has to offer.
There are still places available. To get more information or to book your place visit the news and events pages of the RYA website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.