A letter for Christmas from the Southern Ocean
Vendee Globe round-the-world-race, solo, non-stop sailor Sam Davies has posted a letter to Santa, complete with a wish-list.
“Dear Santa, I have been good this year, and I hope you have time to come and visit Roxy this Christmas in the Southern Ocean.
‘Here is my Christmas wish list:
1. A Gore-tex balaclava
2. A second jockey pole, so I don’t have all the palava of changing each time I gybe
3. A hair-dryer (12 V)
4. A rust cleaner to get rid of the marks where the solar panels’ rust is on Roxy’s deck
5. A fractional gennaker
6. A fractional halyard
7. A penguin – request from my friends Lucky and Foxy who are scared of Albatrosses
8. A nail file to use instead of my leatherman
9. Some fruit – mangoes, oranges, apples preferably
10. Noise reducing headphones
I hope you manage to make everyone happy this year, and that the weather is kind to you out there on your sleigh….
Ps: if you have a tow-rope, I’d love a tow, up to be a bit nearer the leaders too please! Only if Rudolph doesn’t mind the extra weight!