Ocean Cruising Seminar aims to help sailors make the transition to offshore voyaging
Ocean Cruising Seminar
6th – 8th March 2015
Hosted by the World Cruising Club, organisers of the annual Atlantic Rally for Cruisers, the Ocean Sailing Seminar returns in March 2015. Open to all, the seminar is perfect for those considering the transition from coastal cruising to blue water passage making.
The Ocean Sailing Seminar combines classroom lectures with group discussions and one-on-one interaction with speakers and fellow students. An all-inclusive programme of seminar presentations, speaker materials, hotel accommodation, meals and social time together combine to provide a in-depth learning experience for offshore voyaging.
Lecturers have been chosen specifically for their knowledge and practical experience in their specialist fields and will cover the following topics during the weekend event:
Outfitting your boat for offshore cruising
– How to convert your boat from a coastal cruiser to an offshore passage-maker and the equipment you need to consider
Sails and Rigging
– Are your sails ready for offshore? Choosing and maintaining your sails. Top tips for maintaining your rig and selecting the right downwind sailplan
Managing your Boat and Crew Offshore
– Tips on crew management, watch keeping and running a good ship.
– What equipment you will need and how to keep your crew safe
– How to do a power audit; understanding batteries and charging methods.
Communications Systems for Offshore
– How to keep in contact and get weather forecasts at sea
Enjoying Life At Sea
– It is fun to go sailing!
Understanding Ocean Weather
– Learn the tricks for crossing oceans safely
Timeline to Departure
– Most important things to remember before you set off
For full information visit www.worldcruising.com/training